Celebrate your next event in the Beer Cellar!
Are you planning a meeting, party or rehearsal dinner? Consider booking the intimate setting of The Porter Beer Bar Cellar.
Located in the heart of Little 5 Points, Atlanta’s premier beer bar features an extensive menu of micro-brews and small imports available from 44 draft lines, two hand pumps and more than 800 bottles. The selection gives beer lovers plenty of reasons to keep coming back. Voted Best Bar Food by Creative Loafing and consistently rated in the top rankings by Rate Beer, BeerAdvocate and Draft Magazine, The Porter Beer Bar will wow everyone from the beer novice to the enthusiast.
What is Vintage Beer?
Vintage beer is beer that has been purposely aged in order to enhance or change its flavor. The beers that are best to cellar or vintage are above 8% alcohol by volume. The only exception to the abv rule are sour beers (geuze & lambics) which can be much lower gravity and age much longer (up to 15 years!). Most beers are at their peak between 3-5 years. Besides being over 8% or sour, ideal beers to age are bottle conditioned. When a beer is bottle conditioned it means the brewer has added additional yeast to naturally carbonate and change the beer after being capped or corked.
Different beers react differently to being aged. Hops will always fade in a vintaged beer, so unless the beer would benefit from having less bitterness, we don’t recommend aging hoppy beers. Imperial stouts and Belgian beers are excellent for aging because the high alcohol “hotness” fades and more delicate and complex flavors can come through. Aging should be done with the bottles upright at 61-67 degrees. Learn more about the The Beer Cellar from Atlanta Magazine!
Thank you for your interest in renting The Porter Beer Cellar for your next private party!
If you have questions about reserving the Beer Cellar for your next event, contact Junabelle Devega via email: email@example.com
Beer Cellar Rental Details
- Guest Count: Seats up to 25 people, holds 30 standing.
- There is a room rental fee of $100, this does not include any food, drink tax or gratuity.
- We can also accommodate most food allergies and special requests. (vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, etc.)
- The room rental fee of $100 must be paid in order to guarantee your reservation of the beer cellar .
- Seven days notice is required for all parties.
- You may bring your own iPod for music in the beer cellar if you desire.
- The cellar room is truly a beer cellar for vintage beer and therefore must be kept at 60-65 degrees Fahrenheit (°F). Please advise your guests to dress warmly.
- We allow guests to bring their own cake if they desire, there is a cake cutting fee of $1.50 per guest.
- We allow guests to bring their own wine, for a corkage fee of $15 per bottle.